|2013 Honda Civic WTCC|
Following the completion of its final development test in Aragon, Spain this month, Honda Racing Team JAS is ready and raring to go for the 2013 FIA World Touring Car Championship. The Championship will begin with the Race of Italy on 24 March 2013, finally ending in Macau on 17 November after twenty-four races.
Honda will be entering a two car works team. The drivers are Italian Gabriele Tarquini – 2009 World Touring Car Champion - and Portuguese Tiago Monteiro. Honda’s R&D has developed a completely bespoke 1.6 litre 4 cylinder direct injection turbo-charged petrol engine to power its Civic WTCC race car in the Championship, with Mugen providing trackside support.
The team got off to a flying start at the end of last year, entering the Civic WTCC into the last three races of the 2012 championship. This saw Monteiro claim the car’s first podium finish at Macau in November, while the Civic WTCC gained the second-fastest time (at 2:31.844) at the same race.
The Honda R&D and J.A.S. Motorsport teams have put the Civic WTCC through its paces with their winter development testing programme. In December 2012, the car spent 3 days in the Honda R&D wind tunnel in Tochigi, followed by another 3 days in Valencia and Aragon in January and February respectively.
Commenting on the technical evolution of the 2013 Honda Civic WTCC, Andrea Adamo, Chief Designer, Honda Racing Team JAS, said: “Following extensive testing, we have made a number of improvements to the Civic WTCC. We have improved the car’s aerodynamics and enhanced the suspension design, as well as the front structure of the car. We have also fitted the brakes with bespoke front and rear calipers in cooperation with AP Racing.”
The Honda Racing Team JAS will be pitted against a private team, Hungarian-based Zengő Motorsport, who confirmed earlier this year that they will enter the FIA World Touring Car Championship (WTCC) with the Honda Civic WTCC. The car will be driven by Hungarian driver Norbert Michelisz. J.A.S. Motorsport will build the car for the team to the same specifications as Honda’s own Civic WTCC.
In line with Honda’s philosophy of sharing the joys of racing with its customers, a “Honda fan zone” will be introduced in the paddock of the European rounds of the 2013 WTCC; giving spectators the chance to get closer than ever to the Honda racing world.
• WTCC is the FIA World Touring Car Championship.
• Vehicle specification is strictly regulated by FIA Super 2000 category
• All vehicles which compete in the championship are based on mass production cars with more than 4 seats.
• The championship is reserved for cars powered by a 1.6 litre petrol engine, turbo-charged with direct injection.
• The distance of each race varies between 50 km and 60km
• The full racing season covers 12 racing weekends (two races per weekend)
Technical specifications of the 2013 Honda Civic WTCC
• In line 4 cylinder direct injection turbocharged with intercooler;
• Capacity: 1.6 litres;
• Dry oil sump;
Weight and Dimensions
• Mass: 1100 Kg;
• Length: 4300 mm;
• Wideness: 1830 mm;
• Wheelbase: 2605 mm
About the Blogger RoadtripOn Friday March 22nd two german Blogger (Camillo and Tom) will go on a Roadtrip to Monza to join the WTCC Race. To stay updated, follow their Hashtag #HondaRT13 on Tiwtter and Instagram. Have fun Guys!
Some more german Blogger also wrote about Honda:
- Got Diesel? Honda Civic bekommt sparsamen 1.6er Diesel
- Honda Civic 1.6 i-DTEC erscheint im April
- Neuwagen-Vorstellung: Honda Civic 1.6 i-DTEC – Japaner stellen leichtesten Dieselmotor vor
- Neue Diesel-Technologie im Honda Civic 1.6 i-DTEC
- Honda Civic mit neuem 1.6 i-DTEC Dieselmotor
- Der Verkauf des neuen Honda Civic 1.6 i-DTEC startet bei 20.450 Euro
- Hoffnungsträger 1.6 I-DTEC Diesel im neuen Honda Civic