|Skoda vRS Mega Man-Pram|
Upps, the Skoda vRS Mega Man-Pram is not a real "Car"? Well, but a damn nice Baby Pram! Or Mega Man-Pram!
To celebrate the launch of the third-generation Skoda Octavia RS, the fastest Skoda ever, they were thinking about what they could do. So they started a survey and asked more than 1000 Dads in the UK on what must be done in order for them to push their Babies Stroller more often.
And here are the results:
- 76% would be more inclined to spend more time pushing baby if they had access to a stylish, high spec buggy.
- The top five additions they would like to see were listed as: muscular design (25%), large alloy wheels to give enhanced height (22%), hydraulic suspension system (16%), high spec brakes including brake lights (15%) and wing mirrors (12%).
- A third of British dads (33%) admitted they sometimes feel embarrassed pushing conventional prams whilst one in four (25%) always insist that their partner pushes the pram when out for walks together.
- British dads use baby buggies for an average of 1 hour each week.
And so Skoda unveiled the ultimate baby buggy, dubbed the ‘vRS Mega Man-Pram’ – a high performance vehicle that has been designed to provide the ultimate baby transportation experience for Dad's (and Mum's).
Test Drive Review: Skoda vRS Mega Man-Pram
Just by standing next to the Skoda Pram it already looks massive but also like your Baby has all the Safety you wish. The huge Bling-Bling Wheels, like the ones you know them from Xzibit, a hydraulic suspension and wing mirrors will definitely help to get your Baby the first place at the Outdoor Playground as all the other Mommies and Daddies are watching you with their mouths and eyes wide open. (Remeber the scene in the official commercial?)
What I've been missing is some space for light shopping, the necessary Baby Essentials and/or a Handbag - but for sure Boy's don't need all this!
Due to the Wheels and all the Tec-Highlights the Pram is really heavy and after you made to move it it's in return a bit difficult to stop it (especially with a light slope) again, but no Problem if you get used it it.
As a resume, the Skoda Engineers did a really good Job by Designing and Developing this One-Off Pram. It demonstrates that Skoda is into their customers needs and wishes and we'll see if they might add a real Stroller to their Prodcut Sortiment in the near future. Did you know that they launch(ed) 8 Cars during 2013?! So we can all understand that they need some time off to design and develop more nice and 'simply clever' Cars in the upcoming Years and after they did Skoda can focus back on the Stroller :)
The full spec includes:
- Wing mirrors
- High spec brakes including brake lights
- High-beam headlamp
- Hydraulic suspension
- 20 inch alloy wheels
- All terrain tyres
- Oversized brake callipers
- Anti-stress push-bar grips
- Sports-style upholstery
- The ‘vRS Mega Man-Pram’ features in the new advert for the Octavia vRS
Video by ausfahrt.tv
Please Note: this is a one-off model and it won't go in Production or Sales by Skoda .. if you are interested in an "automotive stroller", make sure to check out the BMW Maclaren Baby Pram!
|Hydraulic Suspension Skoda vRS Mega Man-Pram|
|20 inch alloy wheels Skoda vRS Mega Man-Pram|
|Skoda vRS 20 inch alloy wheels|
|Wing Mirror Skoda vRS Mega Man-Pram|